Buttermilk Fried Calamari with Cilantro Lime Aioli
- 1 lb Fresh calamari
- 2 cups Buttermilk
- 1 tsp Hot Sauce (SJ3127HH)
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 tsp Sweet paprika
- 1 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1 cup Cilantro Lime Aioli, for dipping
- 2 cups Vegetable oil, for frying
- 2 Lemon wedges
- Clean the calamari and cut the bodies into thick rings, reserving the tentacles separately.
- Mix the milk and Hot Sauce (SJ3127HH) in a large bowl. Add the calamari and soak in the buttermilk for up to 4 hours.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, salt, black pepper, paprika, and cayenne.
- Remove the calamari from the buttermilk and drain. Dip into the flour mixture.
- Fill a heavy skillet with 2 cups vegetable oil and heat over medium-high heat to 360°F, or set a deep fryer to 360°F. Fry the calamari, in batches, until brown and crispy, about 2 minutes.
- Drain and serve with Cilantro Lime Aioli and lemon wedges.