Classic Fried Shrimp Po'boy
- 1/2 lb Shrimp 16-20 ct, peeled and deveined
- 1 1/2 tbsp Creole seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne
- 1/2 cup All-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Yellow cornmeal
- 1 tsp Hot Sauce (SJ3127HH), to taste, garnish
- 1 French bread loaf
- 1/4 cup Ken's Signature Remoulade Sauce (KE3059-2)
- 1/2 cup Shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 Beefsteak tomato, large, ripe, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp Dill pickles, diced
- 1/2 cup Potato chips
- Heat a deep fryer to 350°F.
- Season the shrimp with 1/2 tablespoon of the creole seasoning.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour and cornmeal, and season with the remaining creole seasoning, salt and cayenne.
- Dredge the shrimp in the seasoned flour mixture, coating the shrimp completely.
- Fry the shrimp until golden brown, remove and drain on a paper-lined plate. Season with Hot Sauce (SJ3127HH).
- Split the French bread loaf in half and brush both cut sides of the bread with Ken's Signature Remoulade Sauce (KE3059-2).
- Place shrimp in the loaf and garnish with lettuce, tomato slices, sliced pickles and Ken's Signature Remoulade Sauce (KE3059-2).
- Serve with potato chips or your choice of side along the remaining remoulade on the side.