1. Clean and pat dry with paper towels.
2. Trim fat from the exterior and leave no more than 1/8".
3. Generously rub the pork with kosher salt and refrigerate for 24 hours.
4. Mix rub in mixing bowl.
5. Remove pork from refrigerator and rub with oil and then rub butt evenly all over.
6. When smoker is ready, place pork in center of smoker above drip pan, and add 4 ounces wood chunks to hot coals every hour, and maintain temperatures 225F to 250F.
7. After 8 hours, take temperature of the pork butt.
8. When internal temperature is 195F to 203F remove from smoker and double wrap with foil and let rest for 45 minutes.
9. After the pork has rested, remove bone and brush with Sweet Baby Ray's Original Barbecue sauce or pull apart with two forks and serve with sauce at service.