Sweet Red Chili Duck Confit
- In a small bowl, combine salt, pepper, thyme and bay leaf pieces.
- Rinse duck legs and pat dry, but not trimmed
- Sprinkle duck generously with mixture.
- Place duck legs in a pan in one layer.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- The next day, heat oven to 325°F.
- Place duck legs, fat side down, in a large ovenproof skillet, with legs fitting snugly in a single layer. May have to use two skillets or cook them in batches.
- Heat duck legs over medium-high heat until fat starts to render.
- When there is about 1/4 inch of rendered fat in pan, about 20 minutes, flip duck legs, cover pan with foil, and place it in oven.
- If you have used two pans, transfer duck and fat to a roasting pan, cover with foil and place in oven.
- Roast legs for 2 hours, then remove foil and continue roasting until duck is golden brown, about 1 hour more.
- Remove duck from fat; reserve fat for other uses.
- Baste Duck with Sweet Red Chili Wing Sauce & Glaze (SJ2347HF).
- Serve duck hot or warm, with your choice of side.