- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 cup Spanish onion, chopped
- 2 tsp Garlic, minced
- 2 cups Red and green bell pepper, diced
- 2 lbs Ground beef
- 2 tbsp Ground cumin
- 2 tbsp Chili powder
- 1 tbsp Kosher salt
- 1 tbsp Black pepper
- 14 fl oz Can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 cup Original Barbecue Sauce (SJ0440HF)
- 1 cup Beef broth
- 1 can Black beans, rinsed
- 1 can Red kidney beans, rinsed
- 1 can White kidney beans, rinsed
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions, garlic and peppers, and saute until onions are translucent.
- Add ground beef, salt, pepper, cumin and chili powder, and cook until meat browns.
- Add tomatoes, Original Barbecue Sauce (SJ0440HF) and beef broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour.
- Add beans and adjust seasoning.
- Garnish with shredded cheddar cheese and scallions.